Thank you very much for choosing Trekperu!! Please read the following carefully (before booking):
In order to confirm tours for groups or individual passengers, Trekperu requires the following information:
- Full name of passenger(s) as on passports
- Passport numbers
- Passport expiration date
- Date of Birth
- Medical history and dietary restrictions
- Emergency contact name/relationship, telephone number, email address
- Special interests / needs
- International and Domestic flight information
- Hotel category
For the Inca trail the following is required:
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- Scanned copy of ISIC Card (International Student Identification Card) for student discount.
- Deposit of US$250.00 per person/balance will be paid in Cusco in cash before trek.
- Traveler form (we will email) to filled out and returned
Passport: You are responsible in securing a passport valid for more than six months upon completion of your vacation in Peru.
Visa: The following countries do not require a Visa for entry into Peru. (For updates please contact your Country Embassy)
- North America: Citizens of the United States, Canada and Mexico
- Central America: Citizens of most Central American countries (exception Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic)
- South America: Citizens of all South American countries
- Europe: Citizens of all countries within the European Union and Switzerland
- Africa: Citizens of South Africa
- Asia: Citizens of Brunei, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand
- Oceania: Citizens of Australia and New Zealand
Student rate: in order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail/alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Payment of Deposit: First you must make a deposit for your trip by Paypal, or Wells Fargo UTAH USA Bank wire transfer (client is solely responsible for fees not included in tours or treks). After your deposit is received we will send a detailed itinerary, waiver form, medical advice, list of suggested equipment, hotel description, recommended reading list, maps, money exchange information, weather considerations and other useful tips.
Payment of Final Balance: Your final balance will be paid 45 days before tour or at your briefing in your hotel before your tour/trek departure (please advise if you have any delays on arrival) in USD$ dollars that must be in pristine condition without rips or tears or any damages.
About the Briefing: The night or two days before your trek or tour there will be a pre-trek talk (briefing) in your hotel at a convenient time for you (exact time will be confirmed before your arrival by email).
Insurance: All passengers are required to sign a standard waiver form before beginning any and all trips. We also recommend a short-term traveler's insurance policy covering accidents, baggage loss, emergency evacuation, etc. Any expenses resulting from flight delays, schedule changes, missed connections, sickness, and trip delays due to bad weather, trail conditions, strikes, natural disasters, cancellations or acts of God will be assumed by the passenger through their traveler's insurance. We will assist you in obtaining any and all documentation (where possible) in order to file a claim with your insurance company. Below is a link for travel insurance companies. Travel insurance comparison site where travelers search and compare over 250 travel insurance plans to find the best policy to suit their needs.
Personal Equipment: Each participant must bring the equipment required for the program. Trekperu supplies a detailed list of the necessary equipment and clothing, as well as the equipment provided by the company. Trekperu rents sleeping bags.
No Shows: Trekperu will retain the entire deposit and not be held responsible for canceled or delayed flights. Trekperu reserves the right to modify or change any program itinerary to ensure client safety. The company doesn`t accept any responsibility for mal-treatment (damage) to equipment, loss, accident, unforeseen costs, unavoidable delays, services provided by intermediaries, nor direct or indirect acts which are out of the company's control.
Cancellation Terms for Last Minute Tours Effective immediately for trips booked at the last minute; these tours must be paid in full. If you have to cancel this last minute excursion due to any matter please be advised that there will be no reimbursement because hotels, transportation, guides, etc. have been paid in advance. Thank you for your understanding.
CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
Please note that the program deposit is non-refundable. The deposit is used to purchase the space within the group and once a space is purchased it cannot be resold afterwards.
Inca Permits:Non-refundable and non-transferable to another person.
- 45 days or more before departure date: forfeit 30% (for the Inca Trail programs $250.)
- 44 - 25 days before the program departure date: forfeit 40% of total package price.
- 24 - 10 days before the program departure date: forfeit 70% of total package price.
- 9 - 0 days before the program departure date: forfeit 100% of total package price.
Children: All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age for children on escorted tours is eight. There is no minimum age on independent packages. Discounts for children sharing a room as third may apply to children under 12. Accompanying adults are responsible for the safety of their children including to provide any necessary safety equipment (such as infant/child seats) where appropriate. If a person under the age of 18 years will be travelling with an adult other than his/her parents, or with only one parent, it is recommended that a notarized letter be written by the parents, or non-travelling parent, granting authorization to travel, including the dates of travel.
Have a wonderful time in Peru!!!